Flashes of Insight – Let’s Talk Liturgy switches focus to the Eucharist as the Celebration of a people, a people attached to a greater body and the tensions that exist between individual expressions of thanksgiving and the expressions of thanks a community may offer.
Particular issues discussed include:
- Culture and inculturation and responsibility for liturgical prayer
- What does giving thanks look like? Are there opportunities for difference?
- Are the elements of bread and wine merely cultural?
- Theology of the presider, theology of the assembly.
- Presiding at liturgy as a function of culture.
- Individual authenticity; belonging to the community.
- The tension of local vs group authenticity.